- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- The recipe makes one and a half cups
With just the right mix of herbs, spices, vegetables, and sauces, this Keto Chimichurri Sauce is perfect for beef, salmon, or chicken. This is vegetarian-friendly as well.
Keto Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
- 2 large shallots peeled & sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves (about 6 sprigs) washed dried dried
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 Fresno chili peppers, washed and seeded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Add to a large food processor after preparing your green herbs, peppers, garlic, and shallot.
- Combine the vinegar with the vegetables and pulse a few times to break down the ingredients.
- Add the olive oil and blitz the sauce until thoroughly chopped. You’ll know when you’re at the right consistency when the mixture looks like a finely chopped salsa.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to a large glass bowl and allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 mins before serving. This resting time allows the flavors to meld.
- Refrigerate any remaining sauce and use it within 3-5 days.