Making Keto Beef Stew is a breeze with just a few subtle adjustments. The outcome is still an incredibly smooth and satisfying meal. To make up for the absence of a thickening agent, the stew is reduced to create a hearty and flavorsome dish. This dish is the perfect solution to any cold winter evenings, ensuring you feel wonderfully cozy.
Do you want to create a variety of delectable keto comfort foods? Come up with a delicious plate that includes cauliflower mac and cheese and creamed spinach. Why not try one of my easy-to-make Keto desserts to complete the meal?
Keto Beef Stew Ingredients
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
Nutrition Information Per Serving (Serves 6)
- Calories 300
- Fat 13g
- Sodium 1103 mg
- Carbohydrates 7g Including:
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4 g
- Protein 39g
- Pat beef dry with paper towels and season well with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Working in batches, add beef and sear on all sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pot and repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil as necessary.
- In the same pot, add mushrooms and cook until golden and crispy, 5 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add tomato paste and stir to coat vegetables.
- Add broth, thyme, rosemary, and beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until beef is tender, 50 minutes to an hour.
Enjoy this Keto Beef Stew!