Why Did We Make The Switch To Keto Diet And Are Happy With It?
Weight and diet are often among the most common topics asked about in the health world, so it is no wonder that many people find themselves searching for new diets and weight loss methods on a regular basis.
Today, the keto diet is becoming more popular in diet culture. You even find easily “keto product” on the shelves of many stores.
While different from other forms of low-carb diets like Atkins, it has more nutritional value to help maintain a healthy brain function and high levels of fats, which can lead to powerful anti-aging properties.
But as it goes with many things, not everything is rosy for every body type. Here’s what we think made us switch – along with our own personal results!
Why We Switched To The Keto Diet
We have been on the keto diet for about eighteen months and we love it! Yes, hubby too!
Before we made the switch, we did some research and found that the keto diet was the best way to live our lives. We are happier and healthier since we made the switch and would recommend it to anyone.
Problems With Past Diets
There are many problems with past diets. One of the biggest ones is that these diets usually don’t work for long.
The reason is that our bodies aren’t designed to stay on a certain type of diet for an extended period of time. When we try to do this, we end up breaking our own internal physiological set point. This will cause us to lose weight in the short term, but then we’ll start to gain it back and the cycle will continue.
On top of that, these diets are often very restricted in what we can eat. This can be really limiting and hard to stick to. Plus, sometimes there are artificial ingredients in these diets that can actually be harmful to our health.
The one we struggle the most was the vegan diet – I never enjoyed the fake meat, and hubby realized he has an allergy to soy… not fun. Also, we were losing nothing… even after cutting the calory intake by almost 50% leaving us hungry.
So why did we make the switch to keto diet and are happy with it? Well, for one thing, keto is a much more sustainable diet than any of the others out there. It works because it helps us reset our internal physiological set point so that we can keep the weight off long term.
While it’s not without its problems, we find that it’s manageable and easier to stick to than most other diets.
Satisfaction With Our New Keto Meal Plan
We are so happy with our switch to the keto diet. The meals are delicious and easy to prepare, and we never feel deprived. We have lost weight and have more energy than ever before.
Our Experience So Far On The Keto Diet
We’ve been on the keto diet for about a month and a half now, and we love it! We’ve lost weight, dropped body fat, and our energy levels are through the roof and we sleep way much better than before!
I read we could never stick with a keto diet – but we have, and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to improve their health.
Here’s why we are happy with it:
- We lost weight easily – Our first goal was to lose weight, and we have! On the keto diet, we’ve dropped almost 30 pounds in total so far.
- We’ve reduced our body fat percentage – In addition to losing weight, our second goal was to reduce our body fat percentage. And we’ve achieved that as well! On the keto diet, you want to aim for around 20-30% body fat loss. We managed to drop all the way down to 18%.
- We’re feeling energized all the time – One of the benefits of the keto diet is that it can help you boost your energy levels. I know, it can be scary lol
Alternatives To The Ketogenic Diet Which Might Be Better For You Than Keto
There are many alternatives to the ketogenic diet which might be better for you than keto. Some of these alternatives include the low-carbohydrate approach, the Mediterranean diet, and the DASH diet.
Each of these diets has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to consider what is best for you.
- Low-carbohydrate approach: This diet is based on reducing carbohydrate intake to help control blood sugar levels. In theory, this approach should be more effective than keto because it won’t cause such a large reduction in calories. However, there are some drawbacks. First, many people find that they struggle to get enough protein on a low-carbohydrate diet. Second, this approach can be difficult to maintain for long periods of time because it’s very restrictive.
- Mediterranean diet: This diet is similar to the low-carbohydrate approach in that it focuses on reducing carbohydrate intake. However, the Mediterranean diet includes more fruits and vegetables than a low-carbohydrate diet, which makes it more caloric in overall. Additionally, nuts and legumes are allowed on the Mediterranean diet, which are very little on a liquid-carbohydrate based.
- Vegetarian diet. Low-carbohydrate vegetarian (not vegan) may also include cheese, which some people do not tolerate depending on their lactose intolerance, so it is important to check without it.
Thanks for reading our article on the ketogenic diet! We made the switch to this lifestyle about a year and half ago and are definitely happy with it.
In short, a ketogenic diet is a way of eating that helps you lose weight, improve your health, and increase your energy levels.
The benefits of adopting this lifestyle far outweigh any negatives one may experience in the beginning. If you’re curious about how it all works or simply want to know if it’s right for you, be sure to read more before making any decisions.
Thanks again for taking the time to read my blog!